Since Tamiya is behind this R/C M4 Sherman, authenticity in scale, body detailing, and working suspension goes without saying. Acoustic authenticity is also high on the score sheet, through the digitally recorded sounds of a real Continental R975-C4 9-cylinder engine, which roars from the bowls of the tank as it runs. And speaking of the running, you will be able to recreate all the speed and nimbleness of the full-sized M4 Sherman with state-of-the-art R/C technology.
Finally, with the addition of “Battle System” infrared tank scoring system, you can reenact one of the most classic military clashes of all time-Tiger vs. Sherman.
History of the M4 Sherman
- 1. Forward/reverse over wide range of speed.
- 2. Gradual turning, pivot turning, super pivot turning.
- 3. Rotation of turret, raising/lowering of cannon.
- 4. Illuminating head and taillights.
- 5. Cannon firing (w/light and sound effects).
- 6. Machine gun firing (w/light and sound effects).
- *For 3-6, tank must be in stopped position.
All the power of the real Continental radial engine can be experienced on Tamiya”s new R/C M4 Sherman tank. Listen to the deep start-up sound followed by throaty idling, and then hear the auto-choke activate as the engine kicks over. As you put the tank through its paces, the sound of the engine changes, just like the real M4 Sherman. Firing of the cannon, machine gun, raising/lowering of the cannon, etc.-all the action is linked with sound for an unbelievably realistic tank experience. Suddenly, you are the division commander all the power of the legendary U.S. tank is at your fingertips!