This large-scale, Big Tank Series R/C model assembly kit recreates the formidable modern U.S. Main Battle Tank M1A2 Abrams.
The Abrams main battle tank has been around since the early 1980s. It has undergone constant upgrades to ensure that it stays at the cutting edge of military technology. M1A2s were introduced in 1992, developed to be chock-full of front-line technology and bring the M1 into the digital age. They featured depleted uranium armor, a modified commander’s cupola, Intravehicular Information System (IVIS), Commander’s Independent Thermal Viewer (CITV) turret and a new style vision block, and much more! M1A2’s played a significant role in Operation Iraqi Freedom, being deployed by land forces as they moved toward Baghdad in 2003.
• 1/16 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 615mm, width: 231mm, height: 190mm.
• Expertly recreated angular Abrams form includes depictions of anti-slip surface textures.
• The chassis is powered by a gearbox with 540-size motors and features metal parts such as lower hull, suspension arms, drive sprockets and more, for excellent durability.
• Aluminum gun barrel included. Utilizes traverse and elevation/depression movement, actuated by a servo and Type 130 motor.
• Multi-Function Unit is made up of turret and vehicle control units. It allows control of various movements via separately sold transmitter. These functions include turret rotation and gun elevation. It also ensures that a range of realistic sound and light effects (headlights, taillights, barrel flash) are paired with model actions.
• Gun barrel control system can train the main gun in a single direction, which it remains pointed in even as the tank moves or climbs, and the turret rotates.
• The included dual speaker offers highly realistic sounds.
• Durable resin pre-assembled tracks feature metal pins and connectors.
• Compatible with the Battle System (Item 53447) for fun and interactive battles with friends!
• Requires a 4-channel transmitter with self-neutral function, 7.2-volt Ni-Cd or Ni-MH battery pack & charger, and transmitter batteries.
Tamiya ATTACK 2.4GHZ RADIO SYSTEM recommended for complete compatibility with included Multi-Function Unit control system. Item 7255252
- The angular Abrams form is accurately recreated
- Take control of forward/reverse movement, a range of turns and pivots, turret rotation and gun elevation. Gun recoil and vehicle kickback are also recreated
- Authentic gas turbine engine and firing sounds are coordinated with model actions
- Gun barrel control system factors in the model movement and elevation changes keep main gun trained in a direction set via the transmitter
- Compatible with separately sold 4-channel transmitter
- BONUS! U.S. kit version includes 32 850-size ball bearings that replace the included brass bushings for the road wheels!
Needed To Complete
- 8 AA Batteries
This large-scale Big Tank Series R/C model assembly kit recreates the formidable modern U.S. Main Battle Tank M1A2 Abrams.
The M1 Abrams was formally adopted in 1980, and features highly recognizable flat surfaces and angular form, plus a powerful gas turbine engine. It was designed to be upgrade friendly, and various modifications throughout its service life have seen it remain at the cutting edge of military technology into the present day. One upgraded variant was the M1A1HA, which supported a 120mm smoothbore gun and depleted uranium armor on the turret and hull; the M1A2 evolved this design further with technological advancements such as the CITV thermal imaging sight, a Positive/Navigation System and integrated sights for the commander and the driver. Its IVIS system allows advanced communication and information sharing between friendly vehicles. The M1A2 appeared in 1992 and in 2003 it saw its first action, in operations in Iraq.
- Bearings U.S. Kit includes Wheel Ball Bearings
- Body Material ABS Plastic
- Chassis Material Stamped Aluminum
- Chassis Type Tank
- Construction Type Assembly Kit
- Decals Water Decals Included
- Drive Type Tank Gear Box
- Electronic Speed Control (esc) DMD Unit Included
- Led Lights Included
- Motor Two 540-Brushed Type
- Photo-Etch Parts Included
- Requires A 4-Channel Tamiya Attack Radio & 7.2volt Battery and Charger
- Scale 1/16
- Terrain Use Multi-Terrain