Turbo Timber Evolution 1.5m BNF Basic, includes Floats
The Turbo Timber® Evolution 1.5m is equipped with exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you’re flying a much larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits along with automatic self-leveling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch! And if you don’t want to enable the SAFE Select features, simply bind the receiver normally and only AS3X will be active.
Both the PNP and BNF® Basic versions of the Turbo Timber® Evolution 1.5m are equipped with an exclusive Spektrum™ Avian™ 60-Amp Smart ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current, battery voltage and more via compatible Smart receivers (such as the AR637TA installed in the BNF Basic version) and Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/G3 and 8 G2, the DX9, NX6, 8 and 10, the iX12, iX20 and others) while you fly. It also features optional-use motor reversing to offer special ground handling and other capabilities.
Versatile Gear Options
Thick grass, gravel paths, dirt trails — even local lakes and ponds — you can fly from these and many other surfaces that are impossible for most models of this size to handle. The stronger, reinforced mounts in the fuselage, plus shock-absorbing landing gear equipped with oversized, tundra-style wheels and tires, soaks up the bumps of rough surfaces and provides excellent prop clearance. The included float set features dual water rudders for superb steering control. Whichever gear option you choose to fly with, both are easy to install and can be swapped out in minutes.
STOL (Short Takeoff and Landing) Capable
The Turbo Timber® Evolution’s wing is designed with features like drooped wingtips and functional slotted flaps, and accepts optional-use leading edge slats (included) for improved slow flight and STOL performance. These features, along with the lightweight design and high-power brushless motor, make it possible to spring into the air or float down to land in as little as two feet or less.
The factory-installed brushless power system features a Spektrum™ Avian™ 60-amp Smart ESC along with a specially-tuned motor and 3-blade prop that deliver an abundance of thrust with a 3S LiPo battery, or more power and unlimited vertical performance with a 4S battery without the need for any modifications or upgrades. Plus, the more convenient top hatch and larger battery compartment makes it easier to fit batteries from 3S 2200mAh to 4S 5000mAh to achieve a wide variety of performance and flight times.
Composite-reinforced, hollow-core construction with EPO material delivers a lightweight yet durable airframe. The Turbo Timber® Evolution 1.5m also features a stiffened wing that improves aileron authority and roll rates, plus it’s equipped with durable and reliable metal-geared servos all around.
Like the original, the Turbo Timber® Evolution 1.5m comes with realistic-looking LED landing, navigation and strobe lights that are factory-installed and powered from the flight battery.
No glue is required for assembly, and because the few parts that need to be assembled easily bolt into place, the Turbo Timber® Evolution 1.5m can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge the flight battery. The two-piece wing, now featuring combined servo and LED connectors, also makes transport and storage more convenient than ever before.
$include(‘Page-Include’, ‘cid’, ‘spektrum-bnf-blue-box’)$
- Airfoil Shape
- Approximate Assembly Time
- Less than 1 hour
- Sold Separately
- CG (Center of Gravity)
- 2.4″ (60mm) +/- 0.20″ (5mm) from leading edge of wing measured at fuselage
- Sold Separately
- Completion Level
- Bind-N-Fly Basic
- Landing Gear
- 2pc sprung main landing gear with steerable tailwheel
- Minimum Required Radio
- Motor Size
- 10 size, 800Kv
- Power Type
- Product Length
- 40.9″ (1039 mm)
- Product Weight
- 54 – 60oz (1.53 – 1.7kg)
- Propeller Size
- 11×7.5 3-blade
- Sold Separately
- Skill Level
- Level 2
- Speed Control
- AS3X and SAFE
- Wing Area
- 559.5 sq in (36.1 sq dm)
- 61″ (1549 mm)
Evolution Of A Legend
Many RC pilots got their first taste of flying a Short Take Off and Landing (STOL) capable airplane with the original E-flite® Timber® 1.5m model. Its friendly handling, nimble sport performance, and takeoff-and-land-almost-anywhere abilities made it one of the most popular RC aircraft of all time — widely acclaimed and highly recommended as a great « next step » after a trainer, as the perfect first STOL-capable aircraft, and as one of the best all-around, fun-to-fly sport models for a wide range of pilots. Its next evolution, the Turbo Timber® 1.5m, proved even more popular than the original with the addition of metal-geared servos, a 3S and 4S compatible power system, plus a turboprop-styled nose and 3-blade propeller. Now comes the Turbo Timber® Evolution 1.5m, ready to continue the Timber legend with new upgrades that deliver more durability, convenience, and capabilities than ever before — plus a fresh and modern look!
- Evolved with updates and upgrades including Smart electronics to offer new capabilities and telemetry features, added convenience, more durability, plus a fresh and modern look
- The best « next step », everyday sport and STOL capable model for a wide range of pilots
- Incredible Short Takeoff and Landing (STOL) plus sport and aerobatic flight capabilities
- 60-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current, motor RPM and other data, plus reversing capabilities, via compatible receivers and transmitters
- High-power 3S and 4S compatible outrunner motor with 3-blade prop for proven performance
- More convenient top hatch with larger battery compartment to fit 3S 2200mAh to 4S 5000mAh batteries
- Spektrum AR637TA receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easy to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Combined connectors make installing/removing the wing easier for more convenient storage and transport
- Stronger, reinforced mounts plus shock-absorbing landing gear and oversized wheels/tires
- Optional-use leading edge slats for improved STOL and slow flight performance
- Functional and factory-installed LED landing, navigation and strobe lights
- Includes optional-use floats with steerable rudders for flying from water
- Stiffened wing for improved aileron authority, roll rates and handling
- Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced EPO construction
- Six durable, factory-installed metal-geared servos and linkages
- Functional slotted flaps for shorter takeoffs and landings
- Bolt-on, two-piece wing with carbon fiber wing joiner
- Fast and easy assembly – no glue required
Smarter, Stronger, and More Capable
The E-flite® Turbo Timber® Evolution 1.5m has been evolved into the Smartest, most convenient, capable, and durable Timber yet! Popular features from the original Timber are all there: the shock-absorbing landing gear with oversized, tundra-style wheels; optional-use float set and leading edge slats; functional slotted flaps; and an LED lighting system with landing, navigation and strobe lights. So are the enhancements that gave the Turbo Timber® more performance and capabilities, including a turboprop-styled nose, 3-blade prop and spinner, a more powerful 3S and 4S compatible power system, and a stiffer wing with durable, reliable metal-geared servos. Now the Turbo Timber Evolution 1.5m adds a new top hatch for faster, easier battery changes, plus combined connectors for simpler wing installation and removal. Strengthened landing gear mounts improve the model’s durability and STOL capability when flying from rough terrain. The proven Turbo Timber power system is upgraded with an exclusive Spektrum™ Avian™ 60-amp Smart ESC, and the BNF® Basic version is equipped with an AR637TA receiver to provide full-range, real-time telemetry data including battery voltage, current, motor RPM and more — plus motor reversing for special ground handling and other capabilities — along with the benefits of AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select technologies. There’s even a fresh, modern trim scheme for the durable, composite-reinforced airframe! The Turbo Timber Evolution 1.5m remains the best « next step », everyday sport and STOL-capable model for a wide range of pilots — only it’s now better than ever!